Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

My top 5 favorite Zelda songs

With the release of Skyward Sword just mere hours away now, I decided to pay tribute to my favorite video game franchise by sharing my top  favorite Zelda tracks. Why did I pick music and not the games themselves? Well, because I'm a music lover. BGM sets the atmosphere for the game, which The Legend of Zelda series is so well known for.

# 5



This theme describes this game too well. The Windwaker is my favorite title in the series so it was difficult to choose my favorite track. It was between this theme and the one from the Forsaken Fortress. Once again, this song exemplifies what Windwaker is. It's a series of amazing adventures, surf and tropical ambiance. Play this game if you haven't, it's seriously a great game. 

(Honorable mention)


#4


Is there any questions? No. This theme is by FAR the best overworld theme in the series. Yeah...this theme is...really awesome. Sorry I don't have much to say, but it really just speaks for itself. Do yourself a favor and listen to it again.

#3


Erie. Majoras Mask is scary as sh*t. Seriously, when I played this game at the age of 10, I turned off the game out of fright. I never wanted to play alone in my room. Even now, this game still creeps me out. This theme, from the 4th and final dungeon in the game, pretty much sums up the ambiance this game creates. It's a distinct game in the series and happens to be my second favorite of the franchise. Stone Tower temple also happens to be my second favorite temple in general next to Snowpeak Ruins from Twilight Princess. Great game, great song, great dungeon. 

#2

 You gotta show the Oracle series some love, you just gotta. This little tune has been stuck in my head for as long as I could remember. It's basic, it's simple, it works. It may not be as epic as the Hyrule theme, or as creepy as Stone Tower, but it hits home. It hits me right in the nostalgia nerve. This theme will forever remind me of why Oracle of Ages was such a freaking amazing game. Why isnt this number 1? Well...

#1




My earliest memories of Zelda rests with Ocarina of Time, and in turn, Saria's song. This song is the reason I fell in love with this franchise. Level design, sure. Character intrigue, sure. The music is what grabbed me. Like I said before, I'm a musical guy. This song hit me right where it hurts, in the heart. This tune will forever be etched into my heart. Three simple notes. This song just screams "NOSTALGIA."

Also, for those of you wondering, this is my list of favorite Zelda Titles:

1. Windwaker
2. Majoras Mask
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Oracle of Ages
5. Twilight Princess

Thanks for reading. Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment